Registration and Early Morning Refreshments
Welcome and Opening Address
The Strategy Execution System - Priority #1 for Senior Executives
- Why do companies and public sector agencies fail to implement their strategies?
- Introducing the Kaplan-Norton 6-stage strategy execution system
VW do Brasil: Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame case study for how to achieve
- Develop the strategy.
- Translate the strategy into a strategy map and balanced scorecard.
- Align employees and business units.
- Link strategy to local dashboards and operational improvement programs.
- Conduct operational and strategy reviews.
- Test and adapt the strategy.
Mid Morning Refreshments
Leading Strategic Change
- Align organizational units and employees to the strategy.
- How to co-create strategy maps with strategic suppliers, customers and business units.
- How a company can co-create a shared value strategy with key external constituencies: NGOs,
community representatives and the public sector.
- Align employees to the strategy through communication: seven times seven different ways.
- Align your training and employee development programs to deliver the specific capabilities
and competencies required to achieve your strategic objectives.
- Integrate the John Kotter and Michael Beer models for Leading Successful
Change with the Kaplan / Norton strategy execution system.
- Establish a sense of urgency.
- Form a powerful guiding coalition for change.
- Create the vision for change and a strategy for achieving it.
- Communication the vision and strategy.
- Empower others to act on the vision and strategy.
- Produce and celebrate short wins.
- Sustain the effort; produce more change.
- Institutionalise the new culture with a new Office of Strategy Management
Q&A with Nicola Tyler and Prof Robert Kaplan
Intergrating the Strategy Execution System with continuous improvement activities
and with a new approach for Enterprise Risk Management.
- Identifying and funding strategic initiatives for breakthrough performance: The role for StratEx.
- Linking strategic objectives to your organisations' quality improvement activities. Driving high level
strategic objectives into operational processes.
- Deriving dashboards for continuous improvement that align with accomplishing the organisation's
- Managing risk.
- Identifying the principal risks to an enterprise's strategic objectives.
- Quantifying the likelihood and magnitude of strategic risks.
- Developing a key risk indicator [KRI] scorecard of leading indicators.
- Selecting and funding risk mitigation initiatives [RiskEx].
- Envisioning the risks from external uncontrollable events.
- "What we don't know, we don't know."
- Scenario planning and war games tactical risk.
Closing the loop with feedback and learning.
- Why you need separate meetings for reviewing operations and for monitoring and guiding your strategy.
- Managing product and customer profitability.
- Special Topic: Applying modern performance management tools to the health care sector: the recent
innovations of the Michael Porter – Prof Robert Kaplan's Value Measurement and Management in Health Care.
- Test and adapt your strategy to changing opportunities
Close of Conference Proceedings
Cocktail Reception and Networking Opportunity